MCS-12 COMPUTER ORG. & ASSEMBLY LANGUAGE Important Question
- Explain the use of the parity bit in error detection and correction code with the help of an example using an odd parity scheme.
- Using Hamming code, what should be the length of the error detection code that detects the error in one bit for 8 and 16-bit data respectively?
- Simplify the following using Karnaugh’s map(K-map).
F (A, B, C, D )=E( 0, 1, 3, 5, 8, 10, 13 )
Also, draw the logic circuit for the simplified expression
- Explain the design of a 4*1 multiplexer.
- Explain the construction of a full adder using a half adder.
- Write the characteristic table and excitation tables for the following.
- How many RAM chips of size 512 * 8 bit are needed to design a memory of 1M * 32bit?
- What is RAID? List three features of RAID level 3.
- Explain the programmed I/O with the help of a flow chart.
- What is DMA? Draw and explain the block diagram of a DMA controller.
- Explain the working of CD-ROM and DVD-ROM with the help of a block diagram.
- Explain the Instruction fetch with the help of micro-operations.
- Write a short note on instruction pipelining.
- List any three characteristics of RISC architecture.
- Write a program in 8086 assembly language that counts the number of characters in a string stored in the data segment ?
- Discuss the use of Interrupt Vector Table (IVT) in handling interrupts for 8086 microprocessors.
- Why should we learn assembly language?
- Convert decimal number 65.41 to binary?
- Point out the error in the following 8086 assembly instruction(if any)?
- PUSHF AX
- MOV AX,BX
- XCHG MEM_WORLD1,MEM_WORD2
- AAA BL, CL
- IDIV AX, CH
- What is Von-Neumann architecture?
- Explain the use of PC, IR, AC, and MBR registers of the computer system?
- Perform the following operations using 8bit signed 2’’s complement notation ?
(-56) + (-72)
(-73) + 84
- IEEE-32 bit floating-point representation for a single-precision number uses the format as: Sign ( bit 1 )bit biased exponent ( 8 bits) Significant (23 bits)
Using this format represent the following decimal numbers:
Now using the representation perform the following operations:
0.250 + 8
0.250 * 8